Life in Bits

Wednesday, April 14, 2004

morning? what's morning?

chronotype (krawn.uh.typ, krohn.uh.typ) n. The set of circadian factors that determine whether someone is a morning person or an evening person.


evidence from the past week or so has made me conclude that I'm definitely not a morning person. My typical day for mugging season starts at 11am, regardless of when I go to sleep the previous night. Usually I'm a zombie until the sun begins setting and I only kick into high gear when night comes. Since the sun is setting later and later these days, I may have a problem here.


realise that I take a long time to get to sleep. A lot of stuff goes through my brain when I'm staring at the ceiling (or, since I'm practically blind without my glasses, what I assume is the ceiling), especially since I started revising. Maybe it's my brain stretching its metaphorical legs after a hard day's work, maybe it's insomnia. Whatever the reason, I've never managed to fall asleep at will (army days don't count).


case in point: last night. Went to bed around 2.30, and last I checked the clock, it was past 4. Almost two hours of tossing and turning, lots of strange thoughts, and not a single moment of sleep.


suddenly realise that if this keeps up, one day I'll be able to catch the sunrise before falling asleep. How interesting.


I have a weird brain. But hey, u already knew that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home